Dear Delaney Families,
Happy Memorial Day weekend! It seemed like the official start to summer would never arrive this year! After beginning the week with our first ever Walk-At-School, the students have been incredibly busy in their classrooms with rigorous academic activities and lessons as well as practicing their readings and songs for the annual Memorial Day program.The teachers are thankful for all the special acknowledgements during staff appreciation week.
Mrs. Lovely and her volunteers are putting together the art show for next week and children were treated to another exciting fifth grade gym show! Here are some other highlights:
These students were referred for being cooperative and collaborative on the Student Lunch Committee with Mrs. White and Mrs. Crowley all year!
This student was referred for being respectful and collaborative with other students in her class.
These students were referred by Mr. Donnelly as he observed them always cleaning their lunch tables and the tables around them. He noted that they follow Core Values of Respect by being polite.
The first Wellness Committee sponsored event was fantastic. Students in Delaney walked with students in Roderick, two grade per time slot. There was great spirit and camaraderie evident! And our beloved New England weather cooperated. Nurses did not report an increase in blisters, so all is well!
Teachers chose books and are SO delighted!!! Many teachers stopped by to say how grateful they are that the PTO gives them each a budget to choose classroom books from the selection at the Book Fair!
Art Show Wednesday May 27th 5-6:30 pm Gibbons Gym
SWISH Fundraiser Charity Basketball Game
Thursday May 28th 7pm
Thursday May 28th 7pm
Principals’ Coffee June 5th 8:30 am Vogel Auditorium Features Superintendent Cameron speaking about the school budget process.
Would you consider substituting?
The Delaney and Roderick Schools are searching for parents who are interested in being trained to fulfill the role of substitute teacher. The benefits include parent friendly hours, collaboration with a fantastic, dedicated professional staff, and learning about the curriculum from a different perspective!
If you are interested, please submit your application under the Employment Opportunities section of the WPS website.
Our fantastic teaching staff in charge of dismissal are dedicated to the safety of your children at the end of the day. We know it’s a busy time for families so please plan accordingly to accommodate the extra time it may take while the teachers check your child out.
- Teachers will ask your child to sit at a table until you have signed them out and reached the end of the table line.
- Children will not be allowed to squeeze through tables or crawl under tables to get to you sooner.
- If you enter the cafeteria through the kitchen door, your child will be asked to remain seated until you have signed them out, and the teacher at the exit opening has called them or made contact.
- Please do not invite children to come over to the sign out tables to chat.
- Please keep younger siblings and friends close at all times.
- If you are waiting for Roderick students, please leave a clear path near the exit opening to allow our teachers’ clear view, and space for students to move through.
Our goal is for an expedient, safe process for everyone.
Thank you for reading and viewing!