Grades 1-3 only
Tuesday. August 29. 2017
Kindergarten has orientation the next day!
Clarification for 2017-2018 Kindergarten Students and Families
Incoming K students and families will participate in the traditional morning orientation program that has been in place which features a meet and greet with the teacher, curriculum and important school information, and a bus orientation with a short ride! All students participate because they will ride a bus on a field trip or for any emergency evacuation.
This will occur on the first day of school for all Kindergarten students, Wednesday, August 30th, in two different sessions. You received all the details and your session assignment with your teacher assignment letter in late July.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 Orientation: Classroom and Bus
Students leave after orientation.
Thursday, August 31, 2017 All students report to Kindergarten
for their Normal session
Friday, September 1, 2017 No School
Monday, September 4, 2017 No School
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 All students report for normal session
Meet and greet on Tuesday, August 29th will be for Grades 1-6 only!
PTO Picnic 10:30-12:00
Bring your own lunch!
Please be aware that several bus routes have different buses assigned this year. Your bus number from '16-'17 may have changed!
Please review the Bus Expectations with your children and reference our bus information when the new Student Handbook is published!
Safety for each and every student is the goal.
New, safer Delaney Drop Off Plan!
All adults will have to remain in their vehicles so please practice having your children exit your car quickly with their belongings.
If you determine that your child needs assistance, you will need to park in a designated space.
- ALL Delaney student drop-offs, grades K-3, will follow this route.
- Staff members will provide assistance during this process to ensure student safety.
- Vehicles will pull up and come to a complete stop.
- Adults must remain in the vehicle.
- ALL students must exit the vehicle on the driver side (LEFT).
- Student must cross in front of their parent’s vehicle if they exit from the front passenger seat.
- If arrival is after 8:20, or your child requires your assistance, please park in a designated parking space and escort your child into the building.
- We will try this during September and assess the effect on safety.
Students cannot purchase sparkling water during school hours. Water and milk are available for purchase during lunch time.